What is involved in Reference Data Management Solutions
Find out what the related areas are that Reference Data Management Solutions connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Reference Data Management Solutions thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Reference Data Management Solutions journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Reference Data Management Solutions leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Reference Data Management Solutions related domains to cover and 371 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Reference Data Management Solutions, Reference Data Management Solutions, Competence Center Corporate Data Quality, Management fad, Information ladder, Data steward, Metadata publishing, Data integration, Enterprise content management, Data modeling, ERP software, System integration, Data enrichment, Data theft, Data cleansing, Data mining, Information Lifecycle Management, Master data management, Controlled vocabulary, Corporate Data Quality Management, CRM software, Records management, Database administration, Data quality assurance, Big data, Data mart, Postal code, Reference data, Business continuity planning, Data asset, Data warehouse, Metadata discovery, Information design, Solution stack, Data privacy, Random access, Data erasure, Data security, Process Management, Knowledge management, Email address, Data quality, Data integrity, Open data, Data analysis, Enterprise architecture, Data governance, Data curation, Hierarchical storage management, Data architecture, Performance report, Machine-Readable Documents, Metadata registry, Data proliferation, Data management, Data management plan, Database management system, Computer data storage, Extract, transform, load, Identity theft, Information system, Digital preservation, Marketing operations, Identity management, Document management system, Document management, Information repository, Customer data integration, Information architecture, Business intelligence, Data processing, Data access:
Reference Data Management Solutions Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Reference Data Management Solutions engagements and get going.
– When a Reference Data Management Solutions manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we maintain Reference Data Management Solutionss Integrity?
– How do we keep improving Reference Data Management Solutions?
Reference Data Management Solutions Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Reference Data Management Solutions tasks and grade techniques for implementing Reference Data Management Solutions controls.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Reference Data Management Solutions? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Reference Data Management Solutions processes of our organization?
– Why is Reference Data Management Solutions important for you now?
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality Critical Criteria:
Judge Competence Center Corporate Data Quality decisions and create Competence Center Corporate Data Quality explanations for all managers.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Reference Data Management Solutions project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is Reference Data Management Solutions dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Reason over Management fad governance and find the essential reading for Management fad researchers.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Reference Data Management Solutions strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Reference Data Management Solutions project?
– Why are Reference Data Management Solutions skills important?
Information ladder Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Information ladder tactics and arbitrate Information ladder techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Do the Reference Data Management Solutions decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is the purpose of Reference Data Management Solutions in relation to the mission?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Probe Data steward risks and catalog what business benefits will Data steward goals deliver if achieved.
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Reference Data Management Solutions does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Other data stewards?
Metadata publishing Critical Criteria:
Deduce Metadata publishing issues and develop and take control of the Metadata publishing initiative.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Reference Data Management Solutions experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– For your Reference Data Management Solutions project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Grade Data integration failures and adjust implementation of Data integration.
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– What is our formula for success in Reference Data Management Solutions ?
– What are internal and external Reference Data Management Solutions relations?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
Enterprise content management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Enterprise content management tasks and be persistent.
– Think about the people you identified for your Reference Data Management Solutions project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are our needs in relation to Reference Data Management Solutions skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Will Reference Data Management Solutions deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Data modeling adoptions and create a map for yourself.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Reference Data Management Solutions process?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Reference Data Management Solutions moving forward?
– How will you know that the Reference Data Management Solutions project has been successful?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for ERP software engagements and assess what counts with ERP software that we are not counting.
– Think about the functions involved in your Reference Data Management Solutions project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What business benefits will Reference Data Management Solutions goals deliver if achieved?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– How can the value of Reference Data Management Solutions be defined?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Set goals for System integration failures and oversee System integration management by competencies.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Reference Data Management Solutions models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Reference Data Management Solutions services/products?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Reference Data Management Solutions leaders?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Data enrichment Critical Criteria:
Recall Data enrichment decisions and stake your claim.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Reference Data Management Solutions in a volatile global economy?
– Does Reference Data Management Solutions analysis show the relationships among important Reference Data Management Solutions factors?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Reference Data Management Solutions processes?
Data theft Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Data theft projects and figure out ways to motivate other Data theft users.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Reference Data Management Solutions project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Reference Data Management Solutions project lifecycle?
– Is the Reference Data Management Solutions organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Do Reference Data Management Solutions rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Data cleansing Critical Criteria:
Explore Data cleansing tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Data cleansing is getting what it needs.
– What are the key elements of your Reference Data Management Solutions performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there an ongoing data cleansing procedure to look for rot (redundant, obsolete, trivial content)?
– How important is Reference Data Management Solutions to the user organizations mission?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Analyze Data mining outcomes and point out improvements in Data mining.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Reference Data Management Solutions. How do we gain traction?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
– Is Reference Data Management Solutions Required?
Information Lifecycle Management Critical Criteria:
Match Information Lifecycle Management goals and handle a jump-start course to Information Lifecycle Management.
– Is Supporting Reference Data Management Solutions documentation required?
– How to Secure Reference Data Management Solutions?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Master data management tactics and slay a dragon.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Reference Data Management Solutions opportunities costing us money?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Controlled vocabulary Critical Criteria:
Define Controlled vocabulary failures and track iterative Controlled vocabulary results.
– How do we Improve Reference Data Management Solutions service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are there Reference Data Management Solutions problems defined?
Corporate Data Quality Management Critical Criteria:
Check Corporate Data Quality Management risks and arbitrate Corporate Data Quality Management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Reference Data Management Solutions leader?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Reference Data Management Solutions values?
CRM software Critical Criteria:
Generalize CRM software tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive CRM software services.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Reference Data Management Solutions activities?
– What are the barriers to increased Reference Data Management Solutions production?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Value Records management management and interpret which customers can’t participate in Records management because they lack skills.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Reference Data Management Solutions objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
Database administration Critical Criteria:
Nurse Database administration decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Database administration projects.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– What are our disaster recovery goal prioritazations? Do we want to get the system up as quickly as possible?
– How do we go about Securing Reference Data Management Solutions?
– Who should be called in case of Disaster Recovery?
– Are there Reference Data Management Solutions Models?
Data quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Data quality assurance goals and handle a jump-start course to Data quality assurance.
– How likely is the current Reference Data Management Solutions plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we Lead with Reference Data Management Solutions in Mind?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Survey Big data outcomes and optimize Big data leadership as a key to advancement.
– New roles. Executives interested in leading a big data transition can start with two simple techniques. First, they can get in the habit of asking What do the data say?
– Erp versus big data are the two philosophies of information architecture consistent complementary or in conflict with each other?
– Looking at hadoop big data in the rearview mirror, what would you have done differently after implementing a Data Lake?
– Does your organization share data with other entities (with customers, suppliers, companies, government, etc)?
– Should we use data without the permission of individual owners, such as copying publicly available data?
– How should we organize to capture the benefit of Big Data and move swiftly to higher maturity stages?
– Which core Oracle Business Intelligence or Big Data Analytics products are used in your solution?
– Wheres the evidence that using big data intelligently will improve business performance?
– How do we go about Comparing Reference Data Management Solutions approaches/solutions?
– Which Reference Data Management Solutions goals are the most important?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– How much value is created for each unit of data (whatever it is)?
– How do we track the provenance of the derived data/information?
– Even when we have a lot of data, do we understand it?
– How does that compare to other science disciplines?
– Which Oracle applications are used in your project?
– How robust are the results?
– What is Big Data to us?
– Who is collecting what?
Data mart Critical Criteria:
Guide Data mart risks and report on developing an effective Data mart strategy.
– What are specific Reference Data Management Solutions Rules to follow?
– What about Reference Data Management Solutions Analysis of results?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
Postal code Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Postal code results and drive action.
– What are the disruptive Reference Data Management Solutions technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Reference data Critical Criteria:
Reason over Reference data tasks and report on developing an effective Reference data strategy.
– Do we all define Reference Data Management Solutions in the same way?
– What threat is Reference Data Management Solutions addressing?
– How can we improve Reference Data Management Solutions?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Business continuity planning risks and describe the risks of Business continuity planning sustainability.
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Data asset Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Data asset goals and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Reference Data Management Solutions project manager?
– Is there a catalog of all data assets that will be used or stored in the cloud environment?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Reference Data Management Solutions Management?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Categorize Data warehouse leadership and overcome Data warehouse skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– What are the usability implications of Reference Data Management Solutions actions?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Metadata discovery Critical Criteria:
Infer Metadata discovery visions and probe Metadata discovery strategic alliances.
– In the case of a Reference Data Management Solutions project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Reference Data Management Solutions project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Reference Data Management Solutions project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Reference Data Management Solutions include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Does Reference Data Management Solutions analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Information design Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Information design projects and create a map for yourself.
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Reference Data Management Solutions forward?
Solution stack Critical Criteria:
Track Solution stack results and arbitrate Solution stack techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Reference Data Management Solutions processes?
Data privacy Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Data privacy planning and reduce Data privacy costs.
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Reference Data Management Solutions ?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Reference Data Management Solutions that make it risky?
– Will the GDPR set up a one-stop-shop for data privacy regulation?
Random access Critical Criteria:
Merge Random access management and prioritize challenges of Random access.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Reference Data Management Solutions goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Data erasure Critical Criteria:
Start Data erasure goals and look at it backwards.
Data security Critical Criteria:
Discourse Data security quality and assess what counts with Data security that we are not counting.
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are the minimum data security requirements for a database containing personal financial transaction records?
– Do these concerns about data security negate the value of storage-as-a-service in the cloud?
– How is the value delivered by Reference Data Management Solutions being measured?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– So, what should you do to mitigate these risks to data security?
– Does it contain data security obligations?
– What is Data Security at Physical Layer?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
– How will you manage data security?
Process Management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Process Management management and look at it backwards.
– what is the best design framework for Reference Data Management Solutions organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– What vendors make products that address the Reference Data Management Solutions needs?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Knowledge management issues and probe the present value of growth of Knowledge management.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– To what extent does management recognize Reference Data Management Solutions as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– What are the long-term Reference Data Management Solutions goals?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Email address Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Email address visions and ask questions.
– In CRM we keep record of email addresses and phone numbers of our customers employees. Will we now need to ask for explicit permission to store them?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Reference Data Management Solutions process?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Reference Data Management Solutions been identified and analyzed?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– Does Reference Data Management Solutions appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Rank Data quality risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Does the design of the program/projects overall data collection and reporting system ensure that, if implemented as planned, it will collect and report quality data?
– Are data sufficiently precise to present a fair picture of performance and enable management decision-making at the appropriate levels?
– How can statistical hypothesis testing lead me to make an incorrect conclusion or decision?
– Are there clearly defined and followed procedures to periodically verify source data?
– Is data reported correctly (transcription, conversion, units of measurement, etc.)?
– Are there established qualitative and quantitative measures of metaData Quality?
– Are key data-management staff identified with clearly assigned responsibilities?
– Can you get full access to the data that you would like to use?
– Data rich enough to answer analysis/business question?
– Are we Implementing enterprise-wide Data Quality?
– Scan individual records are there gaps?
– What about attribute completeness?
– What do we mean by Data Quality ?
– Why is Data Quality necessary?
– How good does data have to be?
– Do you train data collectors?
– How big should the sample be?
– Do we do data profiling?
– Are records complete?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Data integrity strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Data integrity is getting what it needs.
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
Open data Critical Criteria:
Administer Open data leadership and define Open data competency-based leadership.
– Have you identified your Reference Data Management Solutions key performance indicators?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Data analysis tasks and plan concise Data analysis education.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Reference Data Management Solutions?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Value Enterprise architecture strategies and transcribe Enterprise architecture as tomorrows backbone for success.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Reference Data Management Solutions is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– Do we have past Reference Data Management Solutions Successes?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Data governance projects and be persistent.
– For other types of programs, decision rights may require more negotiation. for example, who should decide the length of a data field in a new system?
– Is there an organization-wide metadata standard, such as an extension of the dublin core, for use by search tools, multiple repositories, etc.?
– Does the organization have a written plan outlining processes for monitoring compliance with its established policies and procedures?
– Once a rule is created or a data-related decision is made, the organization will be ready to act on it. who should do what, and when?
– Is collecting this data element the most efficient way to influence practice policy, or research?
– Does the expected cost/benefit of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Backup considerations how often. how does it get refreshed when there is a crash?
– Are there opportunities from making this available to a broader audience?
– Does your data governance organization have a communications plan?
– How can we leverage technology advances from other data systems?
– How many years can bad data design affect a system?
– Who are the users & what are they looking for?
– How will the data be protected and secured?
– Should the data be made readily available?
– What prevents enterprise system decay?
– What was the project manager best at?
– How representative is twitter data?
– Existing data connections?
– Do you make daily builds?
– Should it be encrypted?
Data curation Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Data curation engagements and describe the risks of Data curation sustainability.
– Which customers cant participate in our Reference Data Management Solutions domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who sets the Reference Data Management Solutions standards?
Hierarchical storage management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Hierarchical storage management planning and change contexts.
Data architecture Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Data architecture governance and explain and analyze the challenges of Data architecture.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
Performance report Critical Criteria:
Define Performance report tactics and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– What is the source of the strategies for Reference Data Management Solutions strengthening and reform?
Machine-Readable Documents Critical Criteria:
Systematize Machine-Readable Documents goals and probe the present value of growth of Machine-Readable Documents.
Metadata registry Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Metadata registry visions and drive action.
– In a project to restructure Reference Data Management Solutions outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Data proliferation Critical Criteria:
Canvass Data proliferation planning and pay attention to the small things.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Reference Data Management Solutions? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Data management Critical Criteria:
Survey Data management projects and define what our big hairy audacious Data management goal is.
– Have standard policies and procedures about all aspects of data governance and th edata management lifecycle, including collection, maintenance, usage and dissemination, been clearly defined and documented?
– Will raw data (not processed, analyzed or associated with publications) be relevant to store for reuse in your or others future projects?
– What impact would the naming conventions and the use of homegrown software have on later data access?
– If you are obtaining data from an outside source, will you be able to store a local copy of the data?
– Are the data disseminated internally only or made available outside the organization?
– How do you get from a thousand points of data entry to a single view of the business?
– What is the format of the information and what form does it need to be stored in?
– How is the information/Data Management function configured in your organization?
– Which system should receive the Change Notification, PMS MIS or PMS CSDB?
– Where and on what media will the data from each data source be stored?
– Is qa/qc occurring throughout the data lifecycle?
– What format will the data and metadata be in?
– What information should we archive?
– How long should data be maintained?
– How accurate is your product data?
– What form will the metadata take?
– How/who will create metadata?
– Why use it?
Data management plan Critical Criteria:
Focus on Data management plan tactics and balance specific methods for improving Data management plan results.
– What would be needed in a data management plan to describe use of novel equipment?
– Who is responsible for managing the data and the data management plan?
– Where will the data and data management plan be stored?
– Should the data management plan be kept with the data?
– What is a data management plan?
Database management system Critical Criteria:
Generalize Database management system engagements and change contexts.
– What database management systems have been implemented?
Computer data storage Critical Criteria:
Judge Computer data storage tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Computer data storage and constraints.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Reference Data Management Solutions product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Extract, transform, load tasks and assess what counts with Extract, transform, load that we are not counting.
– Does Reference Data Management Solutions systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– In what ways are Reference Data Management Solutions vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Recall Identity theft leadership and tour deciding if Identity theft progress is made.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Reference Data Management Solutions project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Reference Data Management Solutions effort?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Information system tactics and catalog Information system activities.
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– What are the principal business applications (i.e. information systems available from staff PC desktops)?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– How secure -well protected against potential risks is the information system ?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Is authorized user access to information systems ensured?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Is security an integral part of information systems?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Boost Digital preservation governance and differentiate in coordinating Digital preservation.
– Is there a Reference Data Management Solutions Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are our Reference Data Management Solutions Processes?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Marketing operations leadership and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Marketing operations results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Reference Data Management Solutions?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Identity management tasks and drive action.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– How do we Identify specific Reference Data Management Solutions investment and emerging trends?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Document management system projects and look in other fields.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Reference Data Management Solutions move?
Document management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Document management engagements and don’t overlook the obvious.
Information repository Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Information repository risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Information repository decisions.
Customer data integration Critical Criteria:
Depict Customer data integration failures and gather Customer data integration models .
– Can we do Reference Data Management Solutions without complex (expensive) analysis?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Information architecture strategies and find the essential reading for Information architecture researchers.
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Are adequate funding and the right type of personnel resources available throughout the project lifecycle to support and maintain the information?
– Is there a solution for identifying relevant information using structural and semantic relationships of various information elements?
– Has the semantic interoperability been ensured through schema mapping or using established standards like NISO, DoD, Dublin Core?
– Is there a plan to evaluate and validate the models, classification, semantics and structure based on the users perspective?
– Are the appropriate metadata standards including those for encoding and transmission of metadata information established?
– Can we ensure that staff will have access to all the information they need to perform their work in a timely manner?
– Is there a plan for ongoing measurement and evaluation of usage of internal and/or external information?
– If the information architecture and design has been completed, are they reasonably uniform?
– Is there a mechanism to search related information based on information semantics?
– Has the usage analysis been performed for the information that will be generated?
– Structure and composition (what kind of data will be utilized and/or created?)
– Do some users come to the site frequently to perform routine tasks?
– Should the solution facilitate analysis of related information?
– Are there other audiences we are not thinking about?
– What plain language keywords describe this content?
– Why is Information Architecture So Important?
– What resources do your subjects cover?
– How is search zone indexing set up?
– How do we index?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Steer Business intelligence projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Business intelligence.
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– As we develop increasing numbers of predictive models, then we have to figure out how do you pick the targets, how do you optimize the models?
– Can your software connect to all forms of data, from text and Excel files to cloud and enterprise-grade databases, with a few clicks?
– Can you filter, drill down, or add entirely new data to your visualization with mobile editing?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What tools are there for publishing sharing and visualizing data online?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Technical Administrators?
– What percentage of enterprise apps will be web based in 3 years?
– What are some best practices for managing business intelligence?
– What else does the data tell us that we never thought to ask?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– Is your BI software easy to understand?
– Why do we need business intelligence?
– Do you offer formal user training?
– Types of data sources supported?
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Look at Data processing leadership and track iterative Data processing results.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
Data access Critical Criteria:
Check Data access issues and innovate what needs to be done with Data access.
– Have internal procedural controls been established to manage user data access, including security screenings, training, and confidentiality agreements required for staff with pii access privileges?
– How do we measure improved Reference Data Management Solutions service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
– How do we manage Reference Data Management Solutions Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What should be our public authorities policy with regards to data access?
– What impact would the naming conventions have on later data access?
– How can you measure Reference Data Management Solutions in a systematic way?
– What are the effects software updates have on later data access?
– What are the implications of tracking/monitoring data access?
– How are data accessed?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Reference Data Management Solutions Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Reference Data Management Solutions External links:
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality External links:
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality | CDQ AG …
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ) …
Management fad External links:
Six Sigma…a Stupid Management Fad? | NC State …
How to detect a management fad—and distinguish it …
What is MANAGEMENT FAD? What does MANAGEMENT FAD …
Information ladder External links:
information ladder : definition of information ladder …
Data steward External links:
Data Steward Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
USGS Data Management – Data Stewardship: Roles …
So you want to be a Data Steward? – DATAVERSITY
Metadata publishing External links:
Solve WCF Error: Metadata publishing for this service …
Data integration External links:
KingswaySoft – Data Integration Solutions
Enterprise content management External links:
Best Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Software …
Softdocs – Enterprise Content Management (ECM), E …
OPG-3,Inc. | Midwest | Enterprise Content Management
Data modeling External links:
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Data Modeling | IT Pro
ERP software External links:
Munis Software | Financial ERP Software | Tyler …
Top 7 ERP Software (2018) – softwareconnect.com
Ad · softwareconnect.com/ERP
CMIC – ERP Software for Every Construction Company …
System integration External links:
TSS Technologies – Contract Manufacturing | System Integration
Evergreen ITS – System Integration | Managed Network …
Security System Integration and Custom Design | …
Data enrichment External links:
What is Data Enrichment? – Definition from Techopedia
What is Data Enrichment? | Datanyze
Marketing Data Quality Management | Data Enrichment
Data theft External links:
IRS data theft not surprising (Opinion) – CNN
Data cleansing External links:
Data Cleansing Solution – Salesforce.com
AccuZIP Postal Software and Data Cleansing For Direct …
Data Cleansing Software. – DataLadder
Ad · dataladder.com/Data-Cleansing
Data mining External links:
Data Mining : the Textbook (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Data Mining Mining Text Data – tutorialspoint.com
UT Data Mining
Information Lifecycle Management External links:
Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) | Informatica US
Master data management External links:
Semarchy – Master Data Management Software | …
Infor Master Data Management
Controlled vocabulary External links:
ERIC – Free Text vs. Controlled Vocabulary; A …
Order the Controlled Vocabulary Keyword Catalog for …
What Is A Controlled Vocabulary? – Boxes and Arrows
Corporate Data Quality Management External links:
The Framework for Corporate Data Quality Management …
CDQM means Corporate Data Quality Management – …
Effective corporate data quality management: …
CRM software External links:
CRM Software For Outside Sales Teams | Telenotes
The Best CRM Software of 2017 | Top Ten Reviews
Simple CRM Software – Highrise
Records management External links:
Document Storage – Records Management – Shredding …
Records Management Policy | Policies & Procedures
Title and Records Management | Loan Portfolio Servicing
Database administration External links:
Navicat for MySQL | MySQL Database Administration …
WinSQL – A database administration and …
Cloud Database Administration – go.oracle.com
Ad · go.oracle.com/Database-Cloud/Free-eBook
Data quality assurance External links:
What is Data Quality Assurance? (with picture) – wiseG…
Data Quality Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Quality Assurance Solutions – ObservePoint
Big data External links:
ZestFinance.com: Machine Learning & Big Data …
Take 5 Media Group – Build an audience using big data
Databricks – Making Big Data Simple
Data mart External links:
[PDF]Institutional Research Data Mart: Instructor Guide …
California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office – Data Mart
Global Data Mart | Home
Postal code External links:
International Postal Code Resources | Zip Code …
Find a Postal Code | Canada Post
AAA Stop Page – AAA ZIP/Postal Code
Reference data External links:
NJDOT Reference Data – New Jersey
Fiscal Service Financial Reference Data – TAS-BETCs
Standard Reference Data | NIST
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning – Northwestern University
Business Continuity Planning Suite | Ready.gov
Business Continuity Planning – quantivate.com
Ad · quantivate.com/business/continuity
Data asset External links:
Our Data Asset | JPMorgan Chase Institute
Data Asset definitions – Defined Term
A data asset may be a system or application output file, database, document, or Web page. A data asset also includes a service that may be provided to access data from an application. For example, a service that returns individual records from a database would be a data asset.
Data warehouse External links:
Data Warehouse Specialist Salaries – Salary.com
Enterprise Data Warehouse | IT@UMN
EZ Data Warehouse
Metadata discovery External links:
Silwood Technology – Safyr® Metadata Discovery …
Metadata Discovery | Data Advantage Group
Metadata discovery – Revolvy
Information design External links:
Information Design: The Understanding Discipline
Information design (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
MIT 4.s02: Information Design | Fathom
Solution stack External links:
Nodus eStore Solution Stack Sales Tax Automation – Avalara
Solution Stack – Posts | Facebook
What is solution stack? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data privacy External links:
Student Data Privacy | New York State Education Department
Student Data Privacy Training | Wisconsin Department …
First Data Privacy & Legal | First Data
Random access External links:
Share this Rating. Title: Random Access (26 Oct 2007) 4.3 /10. Want to share IMDb’s rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
Random Access – Guggenheim
Random access file (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Data erasure External links:
Data Erasure & Data Compliance | Xtech Global
Enterprise Data Erasure
Complete Data Removal, Data Erasure Software – Blancco
Data security External links:
[PDF]Title: Data Security Policy Code: 1-100-200 12-31 …
Data Security – OWASP
Data security (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Process Management External links:
Emerson Process Management: Products
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Knowledge management External links:
Knowledge Management System – Login
Home | Center for Knowledge Management
Knowledge Management Consulting Firm | Iknow LLC
Email address External links:
Email Address Verifier – Validate and Check In Real …
Using your @icloud.com email address – Apple Support
Data quality External links:
ACS Data Quality Platform
Data quality (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Data integrity External links:
What is Data Integrity? Learn How to Ensure Database …
[PDF]IMPROVING TITLE I DATA INTEGRITY FOR …
Data Integrity Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Open data External links:
County of Sonoma | Open Data | Open Data | Sonoma County
Michigan | Open Data | Michigan | Open Data
PQRS | Open Data | Socrata
Data analysis External links:
Regional Data Warehouse/Data Analysis Site
Home | The SPRINT Data Analysis Challenge
Research and Data Analysis | DSHS
Data governance External links:
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome …
Collibra® Data Governance – collibra.com
Ad · www.collibra.com/data-governance/E-book
What is data governance (DG)? – Definition from …
Data curation External links:
Data Curation Software – Astera Software
Ad · info.astera.com/Data-Curation
SPEC Kit 354: Data Curation (May 2017) – …
“Data Curation and the Arts: How Do Musicians Curate …
Hierarchical storage management External links:
Skill Pages – Hierarchical storage management | Dice.com
[PDF]Hierarchical Storage Management System Evaluation
Taxes: Hierarchical Storage Management – The Old …
Data architecture External links:
Data Architecture Summit
Certica Solutions: K-12 Cloud Platform and Data Architecture
Performance report External links:
Uniform Bank Performance Report (UPBR) Availability …
[PDF]Semi-Annual Performance Report U.S. …
Public ADS-B Performance Report
Metadata registry External links:
DoD Metadata Registry – AcqNotes
Aristotle Metadata Registry · GitHub
Home – Aristotle Open Metadata Registry
Data proliferation External links:
CPG Data Proliferation — Frain Industries
Data Proliferation in a Bordered World – IONIC …
[PDF]Data Proliferation STOP THAT – THIC
Data management External links:
Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Online Data Management System
UDSH Historical Data Management System – Utah
CardioStream | A Cloud Based PACS Data Management …
Data management plan External links:
Data Management Planning
Ad · www.sas.com/data-management
Data Management Plan Tool | Division of Information …
Metadata for Data: Data Management Plan | NCSU …
Database management system External links:
Relational Database Management System | MariaDB Products
Database Management System (DBMS) – Techopedia.com
Petroleum Database Management System (PDMS)
Computer data storage External links:
ELSYM5 Manual | Computer Data Storage | Materials
Computer Data Storage Options – Ferris State University
IT Computer Data Storage Unit Conversion (computer …
Extract, transform, load External links:
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia …
Identity theft External links:
18 U.S. Code § 1028A – Aggravated identity theft | US …
[PDF]Identity Theft and Your Social Security Number
Land Title: Identity Theft
Information system External links:
Buildings Information System
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Digital preservation External links:
Archivematica: open-source digital preservation system
Digital Bedrock – Digital Preservation Services
Levels of Digital Preservation – NDSA
Marketing operations External links:
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Identity management External links:
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
ISG – Identity Management System – Login
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
Document management system External links:
SKYSITE – Document Management System Software …
Doclink – Document Management System
Document management External links:
What Is Document Management? – msdn.microsoft.com
What is Document Management? – DocuVantage
Information & Document Management Jobs, …
Information repository External links:
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository – …
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository
Information Repository Index – wipp.energy.gov
Customer data integration External links:
Customer Data Integration – Just another Tamr Inc. …
Customer Data Integration – go.adeptia.com
Ad · go.adeptia.com/Data-Onboarding
Customer Data Integration – Allant Group
Information architecture External links:
Information Architecture | Full Day UX Training by NN/g
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Plan information architecture for Web content managem…
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Analytics, Business Intelligence and Data Management | SAS
Data processing External links:
Data Processing Essays – ManyEssays.com
Data processing (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Automatic Data Processing Insurance Agency, Inc. | …
Data access External links:
Colorado State Courts – Data Access – Home
BuildFax Data Access Portal: BDAP
Data Access – National Death Index