What is involved in Network Functions Virtualization NFV
Find out what the related areas are that Network Functions Virtualization NFV connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Network Functions Virtualization NFV thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Network Functions Virtualization NFV journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Network Functions Virtualization NFV related domains to cover and 136 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV, Network function virtualization, Application-specific integrated circuit, Carrier grade, Certes Networks, Cloud computing, Content delivery network, Cyan, Inc., Darmstadt, Germany, Data link layer, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Google Talk, Hardware virtualization, High availability, IP Multimedia Subsystem, Intrusion detection system, Load balancing, Mobile base station, Network architecture, Network interface device, Network layer, Network management, Network node, Network virtualization, Northbound interface, OASIS TOSCA, Open Platform for NFV, Open vSwitch, Platform as a service, Proof of concept, RAD Data Communications, Session border controller, Shortest Path Bridging, Software-defined networking, Southbound interface, Systems integrator, Virtual machines, Virtualization engine, White paper:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV Critical Criteria:
Value Network Functions Virtualization NFV projects and look at the big picture.
– Which customers cant participate in our Network Functions Virtualization NFV domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How can skill-level changes improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Is the scope of Network Functions Virtualization NFV defined?
Network function virtualization Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Network function virtualization planning and budget for Network function virtualization challenges.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Network Functions Virtualization NFV into the services that we provide?
– What are our needs in relation to Network Functions Virtualization NFV skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– To what extent does management recognize Network Functions Virtualization NFV as a tool to increase the results?
Application-specific integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Group Application-specific integrated circuit strategies and define Application-specific integrated circuit competency-based leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Network Functions Virtualization NFV product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How can you measure Network Functions Virtualization NFV in a systematic way?
Carrier grade Critical Criteria:
Understand Carrier grade issues and slay a dragon.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Network Functions Virtualization NFV is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Does the Network Functions Virtualization NFV task fit the clients priorities?
– Why is Network Functions Virtualization NFV important for you now?
Certes Networks Critical Criteria:
Chat re Certes Networks adoptions and sort Certes Networks activities.
– In the case of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Network Functions Virtualization NFV project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are assumptions made in Network Functions Virtualization NFV stated explicitly?
– Do we have past Network Functions Virtualization NFV Successes?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Depict Cloud computing issues and remodel and develop an effective Cloud computing strategy.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– What are the key elements of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Well-defined, appropriate concepts of the technology are in widespread use, the technology may have been in use for many years, a formal mathematical model is defined, etc.)?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What is the name of the organization helping to foster security standards for cloud computing?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– How is cloud computing shaping enterprise communications?
– Networks that are flexible, well-performing, and secure?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– What should telcos be focusing on in 5 10 years?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
– What is grid computing?
Content delivery network Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Content delivery network adoptions and track iterative Content delivery network results.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project lifecycle?
Cyan, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Grasp Cyan, Inc. failures and get the big picture.
– How do we Improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV service perception, and satisfaction?
– What will drive Network Functions Virtualization NFV change?
Darmstadt, Germany Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Darmstadt, Germany failures and track iterative Darmstadt, Germany results.
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV analysis show the relationships among important Network Functions Virtualization NFV factors?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Network Functions Virtualization NFV objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Will Network Functions Virtualization NFV deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Data link layer Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Data link layer tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Data link layer skills.
– Do we monitor the Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Is a Network Functions Virtualization NFV Team Work effort in place?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Systematize European Telecommunications Standards Institute tactics and tour deciding if European Telecommunications Standards Institute progress is made.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Network Functions Virtualization NFV. How do we gain traction?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Network Functions Virtualization NFV? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What threat is Network Functions Virtualization NFV addressing?
Google Talk Critical Criteria:
Examine Google Talk planning and define Google Talk competency-based leadership.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Network Functions Virtualization NFV strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
– Have you identified your Network Functions Virtualization NFV key performance indicators?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Hardware virtualization projects and define what our big hairy audacious Hardware virtualization goal is.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Network Functions Virtualization NFV information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
High availability Critical Criteria:
Track High availability tasks and find out.
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Network Functions Virtualization NFV products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Network Functions Virtualization NFV study?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
IP Multimedia Subsystem Critical Criteria:
Group IP Multimedia Subsystem visions and devote time assessing IP Multimedia Subsystem and its risk.
– How can you negotiate Network Functions Virtualization NFV successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we go about Comparing Network Functions Virtualization NFV approaches/solutions?
Intrusion detection system Critical Criteria:
Mix Intrusion detection system tactics and optimize Intrusion detection system leadership as a key to advancement.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Can intrusion detection systems be configured to ignore activity that is generated by authorized scanner operation?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
– How do we maintain Network Functions Virtualization NFVs Integrity?
Load balancing Critical Criteria:
Refer to Load balancing failures and look in other fields.
– How important is Network Functions Virtualization NFV to the user organizations mission?
– Is Supporting Network Functions Virtualization NFV documentation required?
– What is a feature of dns server load balancing?
– What load balancing technique should we use?
Mobile base station Critical Criteria:
Canvass Mobile base station governance and prioritize challenges of Mobile base station.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Network Functions Virtualization NFV move?
– How will you measure your Network Functions Virtualization NFV effectiveness?
– What are current Network Functions Virtualization NFV Paradigms?
Network architecture Critical Criteria:
Map Network architecture visions and create a map for yourself.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Network Functions Virtualization NFV requirements in detail?
Network interface device Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Network interface device management and remodel and develop an effective Network interface device strategy.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Network Functions Virtualization NFV workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the long-term Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals?
Network layer Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Network layer adoptions and assess and formulate effective operational and Network layer strategies.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Network Functions Virtualization NFV project manager?
– Who sets the Network Functions Virtualization NFV standards?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Use past Network management issues and assess what counts with Network management that we are not counting.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
Network node Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Network node failures and shift your focus.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Network Functions Virtualization NFV with what users do day-to-day?
Network virtualization Critical Criteria:
Investigate Network virtualization adoptions and look at it backwards.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Network Functions Virtualization NFV that make it risky?
Northbound interface Critical Criteria:
Investigate Northbound interface outcomes and secure Northbound interface creativity.
– Do the Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Network Functions Virtualization NFV leaders?
OASIS TOSCA Critical Criteria:
Distinguish OASIS TOSCA strategies and improve OASIS TOSCA service perception.
– Among the Network Functions Virtualization NFV product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV activities?
Open Platform for NFV Critical Criteria:
Apply Open Platform for NFV projects and define what do we need to start doing with Open Platform for NFV.
– What about Network Functions Virtualization NFV Analysis of results?
– How do we go about Securing Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Open vSwitch Critical Criteria:
Generalize Open vSwitch outcomes and gather Open vSwitch models .
– Is maximizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV protection the same as minimizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV loss?
– Think of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what are the main functions?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Generalize Platform as a service projects and pay attention to the small things.
– Is there a Network Functions Virtualization NFV Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is Network Functions Virtualization NFV Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What is our formula for success in Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Proof of concept tactics and point out Proof of concept tensions in leadership.
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
RAD Data Communications Critical Criteria:
Disseminate RAD Data Communications strategies and differentiate in coordinating RAD Data Communications.
– what is the best design framework for Network Functions Virtualization NFV organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is Effective Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Session border controller Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Session border controller adoptions and report on developing an effective Session border controller strategy.
– What are specific Network Functions Virtualization NFV Rules to follow?
Shortest Path Bridging Critical Criteria:
Focus on Shortest Path Bridging goals and oversee implementation of Shortest Path Bridging.
– Do those selected for the Network Functions Virtualization NFV team have a good general understanding of what Network Functions Virtualization NFV is all about?
– How do we manage Network Functions Virtualization NFV Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Why are Network Functions Virtualization NFV skills important?
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Software-defined networking tasks and attract Software-defined networking skills.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Network Functions Virtualization NFV experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Network Functions Virtualization NFV services/products?
Southbound interface Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Southbound interface quality and catalog Southbound interface activities.
– Is Network Functions Virtualization NFV dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How will you know that the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project has been successful?
Systems integrator Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Systems integrator strategies and do something to it.
Virtual machines Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Virtual machines tasks and find the ideas you already have.
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– What are all of our Network Functions Virtualization NFV domains and what do they do?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
Virtualization engine Critical Criteria:
X-ray Virtualization engine results and gather Virtualization engine models .
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Network Functions Virtualization NFV goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the usability implications of Network Functions Virtualization NFV actions?
White paper Critical Criteria:
Track White paper tactics and revise understanding of White paper architectures.
– Can we do Network Functions Virtualization NFV without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Who needs to know about Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Network Functions Virtualization NFV Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Network function virtualization External links:
What is Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Ciena
Carrier grade External links:
G6 Universal Media Gateway | Carrier Grade Server
Carrier Grade Availability | DocuSign
Certes Networks External links:
Certes Networks Partner Portal
Certes Networks – Powered by Kayako fusion Help Desk …
Zero Trust – Certes Networks
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Content delivery network External links:
Azure Content delivery network | Microsoft Azure
[PDF]AT&T Content Delivery Network
Akamai – Content Delivery Network (CDN) & Cloud …
Cyan, Inc. External links:
Obduction by Cyan, Inc. —Kickstarter
Myst – Cyan, Inc. – Makers of Myst, Riven, and More
Darmstadt, Germany External links:
Darmstadt, Germany Events | Eventbrite
Data link layer External links:
Data Link Layer-Chapter 7 Flashcards | Quizlet
Data Link Layer: 2016 – standardsmedia.com
[PDF]Data Link Layer – Kent State University
www.cs.kent.edu/~mallouzi/ccn Spring 2014/Data Link Layer.pdf
European Telecommunications Standards Institute External links:
European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
Google Talk External links:
Jul 08, 2016 · Jabber android app for xmpp based chat services such as Google Talk
Google Talk for Developers | Google Developers
How to Set up a Google Talk Account: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
High availability External links:
High Availability Replication Software | EVault & DoubleTake
IP Multimedia Subsystem External links:
IP Multimedia Subsystem – Technology
IP Multimedia Subsystem Market – Research Corridor
Intrusion detection system External links:
Intrusion Detection Systems – CERIAS
[PDF]Intrusion Detection System Sensor Protection Profile
Load balancing External links:
Load Balancer | Load Balancing – KEMP Technologies
Application Gateway–Load Balancing Solution | Microsoft Azure
AWS | Elastic Load Balancing – Cloud Network Load Balancer
Network architecture External links:
Developing a blueprint for global R&E network architecture
Network Architecture – Cisco DNA
Network interface device External links:
[PDF]12. Network Interface Device (NID) and House and …
Telephone Network Interface Device – Tech-FAQ
Network Interface Device | eBay
Network layer External links:
What is the Network Layer? – Definition from Techopedia
IPsec and Network Layer IP Security Standard Protocols
What is Network layer? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Network management External links:
UNMS – Ubiquiti Network Management System
OSPINSIGHT – Fiber Optic Network Management
Remote Network Management | Legrand
Network node External links:
Computer network nodesEdit. In data communication, a physical network node may either be a data communication equipment (DCE) such as a modem, hub, bridge or switch; or a data terminal equipment (DTE) such as a digital telephone handset, a printer or a host computer, for example a router, a workstation or a server.
[PDF]TONN8 Trend Open Network Node – …
Network virtualization External links:
VMware NSX : Network Virtualization and Security Platform
Northbound interface External links:
[MS-NCNBI]: Network Controller Northbound Interface
Wireless Glossary – NBI (Northbound Interface)
OASIS TOSCA External links:
OASIS TOSCA Translator – IBM Code
Understanding OASIS TOSCA – YouTube
Oasis Tosca DevOps Paris (Paris, France) | Meetup
Open Platform for NFV External links:
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) – YouTube
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
What is PaaS (Platform as a Service)? – GENBAND
Proof of concept External links:
Guidance for Proof of Concept Pilot | National Archives
What is a Proof of Concept (POC)? – Definition from …
RAD Data Communications External links:
Products – RAD Data Communications
Contact Us – RAD Data Communications
27 RAD data communications reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Session border controller External links:
[PDF]Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise 7.2 …
Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise …
www.cdw.com › … › PBX/Multi-User Telephony Systems › PBX Software
What Is A Session Border Controller (SBC)? – Software Advice
Shortest Path Bridging External links:
What is shortest path bridging? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Shortest Path Bridging Archives – Avaya Connected Blog
Southbound interface External links:
Does SolarWinds have a southbound interface? |THWACK
Systems integrator External links:
AV Systems Integrator – Los Angeles & Orange County – …
Neurilink | Leading Audio Visual Systems Integrator
Virtual machines External links:
Virtual Machines – MineOS – minecraft.codeemo.com
Beginner Geek: How to Create and Use Virtual Machines
Virtual machines – Math – The University of Utah
White paper External links:
Download our thought leadership white paper – FedEx
[PDF]Army 2020 and Beyond Sustainment White Paper
[PDF]White Paper: A Nurse’s Guide to the Use of Social Media