What is involved in Salesforce.com
Find out what the related areas are that Salesforce.com connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Salesforce.com thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Salesforce.com journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Salesforce.com leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Salesforce.com related domains to cover and 189 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Salesforce.com, Engine Yard, Rackspace Cloud, HP Cloud, Google AdWords, Web service, Google App Engine, San Mateo, California, G Suite, Net income, Infrastructure as a service, Task management, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, Vox Media, Social enterprise, Virtual Machine Manager, Virtual private cloud, Hillsboro, Oregon, Rapid application development, Customer service, S&P 500, San Francisco, EMC Atmos, SAP Cloud Platform, Social networking website, Portland Business Journal, Southern Pacific Building, Customer support, Customer relationship management, Oath Inc., Dun & Bradstreet, Morges, Switzerland, Software as a service, Cloud computing security, Cloud computing, Initial public offering, Akamai Technologies, Data center:
Salesforce.com Critical Criteria:
– What management system can we use to leverage the Salesforce.com experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What is the purpose of Salesforce.com in relation to the mission?
– How to Secure Salesforce.com?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Investigate Engine Yard outcomes and adjust implementation of Engine Yard.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Salesforce.com leader?
– Is Supporting Salesforce.com documentation required?
– What is our formula for success in Salesforce.com ?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Merge Rackspace Cloud engagements and catalog Rackspace Cloud activities.
– Is Salesforce.com Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the business goals Salesforce.com is aiming to achieve?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Participate in HP Cloud goals and report on setting up HP Cloud without losing ground.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Salesforce.com process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Salesforce.com process available?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Salesforce.com process?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Salesforce.com that make it risky?
Google AdWords Critical Criteria:
Participate in Google AdWords visions and raise human resource and employment practices for Google AdWords.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Salesforce.com services/products?
– In a project to restructure Salesforce.com outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is there any existing Salesforce.com governance structure?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Canvass Web service management and catalog what business benefits will Web service goals deliver if achieved.
– Which customers cant participate in our Salesforce.com domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What are specific Salesforce.com Rules to follow?
Google App Engine Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Google App Engine goals and budget for Google App Engine challenges.
– What are the long-term Salesforce.com goals?
– How do we maintain Salesforce.coms Integrity?
– How do we keep improving Salesforce.com?
San Mateo, California Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on San Mateo, California planning and revise understanding of San Mateo, California architectures.
– Among the Salesforce.com product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is Effective Salesforce.com?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze G Suite engagements and get answers.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Salesforce.com processes?
– Who sets the Salesforce.com standards?
Net income Critical Criteria:
Focus on Net income risks and look in other fields.
– If depreciation is an expense, why is it added back to an investments net income to compute the net cash flow from that investment?
– What are all of our Salesforce.com domains and what do they do?
– How can skill-level changes improve Salesforce.com?
– How do we go about Securing Salesforce.com?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Understand Infrastructure as a service issues and define what do we need to start doing with Infrastructure as a service.
– What will drive Salesforce.com change?
Task management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Task management risks and tour deciding if Task management progress is made.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Salesforce.com?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand leadership and gather Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand models .
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Salesforce.com strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we know that any Salesforce.com analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Vox Media Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Vox Media issues and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Vox Media information.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Salesforce.com?
Social enterprise Critical Criteria:
Graph Social enterprise projects and budget for Social enterprise challenges.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Salesforce.com, including any consulting or professional services?
– To what extent does management recognize Salesforce.com as a tool to increase the results?
– Does Salesforce.com appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Talk about Virtual Machine Manager results and oversee implementation of Virtual Machine Manager.
– Does the Salesforce.com task fit the clients priorities?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Virtual private cloud outcomes and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Virtual private cloud.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Salesforce.com agendas for the next 3 years?
– Have all basic functions of Salesforce.com been defined?
Hillsboro, Oregon Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Hillsboro, Oregon quality and correct Hillsboro, Oregon management by competencies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Salesforce.com processes?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Salesforce.com moving forward?
– Why are Salesforce.com skills important?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Rapid application development visions and gather practices for scaling Rapid application development.
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project violates particular laws or regulations?
– How are we going to realize the benefits of reusability if we keep shrinking the analysis phase?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in our organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– Schedule feasibility -can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– Who is responsible for modifying or developing programs to satisfy user requirements?
– How do you measure system effectiveness in your organization?
– Did usability perceptions change during the rad proces?
– Should it be monitored by standard monitoring tools?
– Who are the potential users of the new application?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– How do you decide that a system needs rework?
– Is the functionality visible through the uis?
– What is a key aspect of prototyping?
– How time-constrained is the project?
– What are the associated risks?
– What is architected rad?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Align Customer service tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Customer service decisions.
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– Think about service providers who have difficulty making small talk during interactions with customers. why do you think this happens?
– Why would potential clients outsource their business to us if they can perform the same level of Customer Service in house?
– How long does it take to resolve an issue (e.g., time to receive answer to your question, time to receive permit, etc.)?
– How might the key characteristics of your service change in the future if the customers and their expectations change?
– Do you bypass the system and work around the unhelpful person in order to get the job done?
– Would suppliers classify your organization as being one of their best or worse customers?
– Do customers receive the same service from each place/site within your organization?
– How can we integrate Customer Service into our Quality Assurance program?
– How often do you tell other people about your good experience?
– How should you approach clients verbally and nonverbally?
– What is the percentage of calls transferred to you?
– So how do we add value to the customer experience?
– What helps us to keep commitments to customers?
– How would one define Salesforce.com leadership?
– What really is Customer Service?
– Who are your external customers?
– What are our values?
S&P 500 Critical Criteria:
Chat re S&P 500 planning and research ways can we become the S&P 500 company that would put us out of business.
– Why is Salesforce.com important for you now?
– Are there Salesforce.com problems defined?
San Francisco Critical Criteria:
Track San Francisco issues and stake your claim.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Salesforce.com workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we monitor the Salesforce.com decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Gauge EMC Atmos projects and plan concise EMC Atmos education.
– Is there a Salesforce.com Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we go about Comparing Salesforce.com approaches/solutions?
– What are internal and external Salesforce.com relations?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Recall SAP Cloud Platform engagements and oversee SAP Cloud Platform management by competencies.
– What are the disruptive Salesforce.com technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the short and long-term Salesforce.com goals?
– What are our Salesforce.com Processes?
Social networking website Critical Criteria:
Confer re Social networking website quality and question.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Salesforce.com strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Salesforce.com forward?
Portland Business Journal Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Portland Business Journal adoptions and question.
– What is the source of the strategies for Salesforce.com strengthening and reform?
– Is the Salesforce.com organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Southern Pacific Building Critical Criteria:
Adapt Southern Pacific Building goals and question.
– Think about the people you identified for your Salesforce.com project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Is Salesforce.com Required?
Customer support Critical Criteria:
Match Customer support goals and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Customer support.
– How important is Salesforce.com to the user organizations mission?
– Are assumptions made in Salesforce.com stated explicitly?
– What hours is technical or customer support available?
– What is the Impact of Social CRM on Customer Support?
– What customer support will be needed?
– How do I contact customer support?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Customer relationship management engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– Is there an integrated FAQ structure already in the exchange that can be tapped and expanded into the CRM for the agents?
– Do you really need to store every piece of information you collect (e.g., maybe you just need it one time)?
– Does the current system allow for service cases to be opened in the CRM directly from the exchange site?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Salesforce.com with what users do day-to-day?
– Is the difference between calls offered and calls answered abandoned calls?
– Do you follow-up with your customers after their order has been filled?
– How is the emergence of new CRM solutions offered factored in?
– Will the customer have access to a development environment?
– What steps do we use in rolling out customer selfservice?
– What are the necessary steps to evaluate a CRM solution?
– What are the objectives for voice analytics?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– Is your archivist in the information loop?
– What Type of Information May be Released?
– Is the offline database size acceptable?
– What is the vendors partner ecosystem?
– How much e-mail should be routed?
– What is the client software?
– Where is the ROI in CRM?
– Can metadata be loaded?
Oath Inc. Critical Criteria:
Look at Oath Inc. tactics and point out improvements in Oath Inc..
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Salesforce.com project?
Dun & Bradstreet Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Dun & Bradstreet tasks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Dun & Bradstreet decisions.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Salesforce.com Management?
Morges, Switzerland Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Morges, Switzerland tactics and test out new things.
– Do Salesforce.com rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Are there Salesforce.com Models?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Scan Software as a service strategies and handle a jump-start course to Software as a service.
– What are our needs in relation to Salesforce.com skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Investigate Cloud computing security tasks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Cloud computing security projects.
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– What are current Salesforce.com Paradigms?
– Is the scope of Salesforce.com defined?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Administer Cloud computing adoptions and finalize the present value of growth of Cloud computing.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Provider viability: what happens to your organizations applications and data in the event that the provider goes out of business?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– How is cloud computing shaping enterprise communications?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– What Is the Lifecycle Services Framework?
– What is grid computing?
Initial public offering Critical Criteria:
Dissect Initial public offering failures and change contexts.
Akamai Technologies Critical Criteria:
Check Akamai Technologies management and tour deciding if Akamai Technologies progress is made.
Data center Critical Criteria:
Rank Data center decisions and learn.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Salesforce.com objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Salesforce.com Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Salesforce.com External links:
100 Sales Tips for 2016 – Salesforce.com
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard (@engineyard) | Twitter
The Engine Yard Retail Village – Belvoir Castle
Engine Yard: Log In or Sign Up
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Rackspace Cloud Files API 1.0 – Rackspace Developer Portal
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
HP Cloud External links:
An introduction to the HP Cloud – TechRepublic
hp cloud matrix – Staples Inc.
Using HP Cloud Recovery Client – YouTube
Google AdWords External links:
Learn AdWords – Google AdWords Nanodegree | Udacity
Google AdWords Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide – Neil Patel
Web service External links:
LDAPAuth Web Service
Google App Engine External links:
Developing Scalable Apps with Google App Engine | …
Google App Engine Documentation – Google Cloud Platform
Google App Engine – Download
San Mateo, California External links:
Medallia – San Mateo, California | Facebook
KCSM Community Stations | San Mateo, California
G Suite External links:
G Suite for K12 Institutions | Google for Education
G Suite – Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar and More for Business
G Suite – Google+
Net income External links:
How to Determine Net Income in Accounting: 11 Steps
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Infrastructure as a Service | Oracle Cloud
Task management External links:
What is Task Management? – Definition from Techopedia
Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS)
Task Management for Teams – MeisterTask
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand External links:
VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand | …
VMware vCloud Air: Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand – …
Vox Media External links:
Careers – Vox Media
Vox Media (@voxmediainc) | Twitter
Vox Media Status
Social enterprise External links:
2018 Agenda – Harvard Social Enterprise Conference
Social Enterprise Academy Scotland
Social Enterprise Alliance
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
System Center 2016 – Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) …
Virtual Machine Manager Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Virtual private cloud External links:
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud – Official Site
Private Cloud Hosting with CloudConnect Virtual Private Cloud
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform
Hillsboro, Oregon External links:
Washington County Fair, Hillsboro, Oregon
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
Rapid Application Development for the Web | Radzen
Best Rapid Application Development (RAD) Software in …
Customer service External links:
Capital One Customer Service | Contact Us
Customer Service – Pacific Northwest Title
Customer Service – WFG National Title Company
San Francisco External links:
Login | San Francisco State University
San Francisco Giants | Bleacher Report
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
Pricing & Packaging | SAP Cloud Platform
Cloud-Native Operations with SAP Cloud Platform | openSAP
Overview | SAP Cloud Platform
Social networking website External links:
Build Social Networking website from Scratch | Udemy
How to Build Your Own Social Networking Website
Portland Business Journal External links:
Portland Business Journal – The Business Journals …
Portland Business Journal – Home | Facebook
Southern Pacific Building External links:
Southern Pacific Building :: Image Collections
SOUTHERN PACIFIC BUILDING NEARS COMPLETION …
Southern Pacific Building Company – BuildZoom
Customer support External links:
Customer Support | TracFoneWireles
Customer Support – PayPal
1.800.GoFedEx Phone Menu – FedEx Customer Support
Customer relationship management External links:
1workforce – Customer Relationship Management …
Customer Relationship Management
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Oath Inc. External links:
About Oath Inc. Trademarks – AOL Legal
Morges, Switzerland External links:
Magasin Lipo Morges, Morges, Switzerland. 55 likes · 28 were here. Furniture Store
Morges, Switzerland Health Events | Eventbrite
Jameson’s Pub, Morges, Switzerland. 75 likes. Pub
Software as a service External links:
DENTAWEB Software as a service
What is SaaS? 10 FAQs About Software as a Service
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
Cloud computing security External links:
New Zealand Government Cloud Computing Security …
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
[PDF]NIST Cloud Computing Security Reference …
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Initial public offering External links:
Gates Industrial files for initial public offering
Initial Public Offering – IPO – Investopedia
Akamai Technologies External links:
AKAM: Akamai Technologies Inc – CNBC
Data center External links:
Defense Manpower Data Center – PSA Division / DISS
Aeronautical Data, National Flight Data Center (NFDC)
Defense Manpower Data Center – PSA Division