What is involved in continuous operations
Find out what the related areas are that continuous operations connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a continuous operations thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its continuous operations journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward continuous operations leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which continuous operations related domains to cover and 40 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
continuous operations, Continuous operation, Copyright status of work by the U.S. government, General Services Administration, MIL-STD-188, Redundancy, Spare part, Telecommunication, Telecommunications circuit, Telecommunications facility:
continuous operations Critical Criteria:
Reason over continuous operations projects and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive continuous operations decisions.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once continuous operations is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Which customers cant participate in our continuous operations domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is maximizing continuous operations protection the same as minimizing continuous operations loss?
Continuous operation Critical Criteria:
Boost Continuous operation outcomes and look at it backwards.
– How do your measurements capture actionable continuous operations information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– In what ways are continuous operations vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– When a continuous operations manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Copyright status of work by the U.S. government Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Copyright status of work by the U.S. government tactics and report on the economics of relationships managing Copyright status of work by the U.S. government and constraints.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing continuous operations?
– How do we go about Comparing continuous operations approaches/solutions?
– What is our continuous operations Strategy?
General Services Administration Critical Criteria:
Pilot General Services Administration visions and report on developing an effective General Services Administration strategy.
– what is the best design framework for continuous operations organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– For your continuous operations project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is continuous operations dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
MIL-STD-188 Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on MIL-STD-188 management and handle a jump-start course to MIL-STD-188.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a continuous operations study?
– Is Supporting continuous operations documentation required?
– Which continuous operations goals are the most important?
Redundancy Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Redundancy goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Redundancy projects.
– What is the requirement for support of component-level redundancy (with hot switchover to backup in case of failure) and scalability to accommodate growing enterprise/user base?
– For this application, look at each elemental part, and ask the redundancy/replication/DR question. For example, for the storage, how many replicates are kept?
– Do you consider legacy alternatives (analog systems, manual mode, or conservative operations) to provide redundancy to systems with cyber vulnerabilities?
– Has the reuse of information available elsewhere in the enterprise been considered to avoid redundancy?
– Will continuous operations deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are internal and external continuous operations relations?
Spare part Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Spare part projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Spare part projects.
– Do the continuous operations decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the continuous operations requirements in detail?
Telecommunication Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Telecommunication adoptions and correct better engagement with Telecommunication results.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your continuous operations strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Are interdependent service providers (for example, fuel suppliers, telecommunications providers, meter data processors) included in risk assessments?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– Who will provide the final approval of continuous operations deliverables?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
Telecommunications circuit Critical Criteria:
Analyze Telecommunications circuit risks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Telecommunications circuit projects.
– How can you negotiate continuous operations successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Does continuous operations analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How to deal with continuous operations Changes?
Telecommunications facility Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Telecommunications facility issues and get going.
– What are the key elements of your continuous operations performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the continuous operations Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
continuous operations External links:
Effects of Continuous Operations (CONOPS) on Soldier …
Continuous Operations Automation and Integration | …
Continuous operation External links:
What is CONTINUOUS OPERATION COSTING? definition …
General Services Administration External links:
IdenTrust – General Services Administration – eOffer
GSA – U.S. General Services Administration | OfficeSupply…
MIL-STD-188 External links:
[PDF]DMD2050 MIL-STD-188-165A Modems Compliant …
[PDF]NOTICE OF VALIDATION MIL-STD-188-124B 04-Apr …
[PDF]MIL-STD-188-125-1 High-Altitude Electromagnetic …
Redundancy External links:
When am I Entitled to a Redundancy Payout? | LegalVision
Redundancy: your rights – GOV.UK
Redundancy: your rights: Redundancy pay – GOV.UK
Spare part External links:
Accessories and Spare Part for Ninebot by Segway Products
AODD Pumps, Spare Parts and Accessories | Wilden Store
Telecommunication External links:
Orange – Telecommunication Company – Brussels, …
Commercial Electric’s 14 in. Telecommunication Center makes running cable and managing media both simple and cost-effective. This enclosure is designed to better manage and configure all of your cables from one central location. It provides a central distribution point for home or small office by consolidating the distribution of voice, …
Telecommunication and Jailer Flashcards | Quizlet
Telecommunications circuit External links:
[PDF]RFQ 2016-02 TELECOMMUNICATIONS CIRCUIT – JB
Telecommunications facility External links:
Telecommunications facility. In telecommunications, a facility is defined by Federal Standard 1037C as: A fixed, mobile, or transportable structure, including (a) all installed electrical and electronic wiring, cabling, and equipment and (b) all supporting structures, such as utility, ground network, and electrical supporting structures.
[PDF]Wireless Telecommunications Facility …
[PDF]Wireless Telecommunications Facility Application …